Saturday, December 21, 2013

Shower....STAT!

I just finished my first shower since surgery on Monday and it was glorious to say the least! I've been able to take baths, but not wash my hair since before the surgery. I don't know what the concoction they put on my head, but it was like trying to get out cement. Similar to last time I am only allowed to use baby shampoo because of the non-irritation factor. Although I do use conditioner on my ends to help with all the knots and loose hair that was shaved. It was pretty obvious that I had a lot less hair from the surgery in October. I do have a lot of hair in general, but I'll have to wait to see how it looks when it dries. Again....no heat (like blowdryers) on the head for awhile.

Attached are my post op head pictures from October (surgery #4) and the most recent December one (surgery #5). They put the plastic piece in my head which you can kind of slighty make out in the picture. The area is still swollen, but that should go down within the next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment