Monday, December 9, 2013

Getting ready for surgery #5

After weeks of trying to get my surgery moved up it has been officially confirmed that my last surgery will be next Monday. Which is when it was originally scheduled for.....*sigh*. I had a feeling that would be the case. I'm still waiting on the time, but I assume since I had booked it weeks ago it will be early in the morning. 

For this they will be putting in a plastic piece that was made to fit exactly the size of the hole in my skull. They had 2 made so I wonder if I can take the other one home....hey, I paid for it! At least I won't have to worry about any ridges with this piece unlike the bone cement and titanium mesh from before. 

This recovery should be a lot easier since I will only have to be on IV antibiotics for one weeks after surgery instead of 6 to 7 weeks. I know my skin might take a little longer to heal this time because it is the 5th time it's been cut open. 

I'm more anxious than nervous about the surgery. I'll be praying that everything goes well and I have an easy recovery.


No comments:

Post a Comment