Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Why I am getting sick more often?

In the last 25 years (that feels weird to say) I seem to average about 1 bad cold per year. It pretty standard and usual hits me around Fall/Winter. The typical cold and flu season. In the last 2.5 years I have noticed that it's about 2 or 3 a year. As we speak I am about 2 days into a cold, which would make it my 4th in the last 12 months. What the heck is going on?? Of course I turn to Google and do a typical search:

"Why am I more  getting sick more often?"
"Are you more susceptible to getting sick when you get older?"

"Do surgeries make you more susceptible to getting sick?"

Okay.....you get the picture!


I get the standard links to what causes people to get sick:
1. Lack of a nutritional diet (not a factor)
2. Dehydration (no during the week...maybe somewhat on weekends)
3. Sleep deprivation (Somewhat, especially during the week)
4. Germ contact (yes....but I wash my hands and use sanitizer like it's my second job)
5. Immune disorders (oh lordy I hope not!)
6. Stress (Yes....constant)

Even though I do have a couple of "yes" answers it really something that isn't new. At least in the last 10 years. I do think my work environment plans a roll. Mainly because the number of smokers here that constantly go in and out all day. I've noticed that my co-workers are more sick than where I have been in the past. Therefore I don't think my susceptibility has changed or is a result from multiple surgeries. I guess my germaphobe ways will just continue.....

Sorry Troy!

No comments:

Post a Comment