Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Perfect" Health?

Gosh! It's been awhile since I've had a recent blog entry. I guess that's a good thing if you think about it. Nothing has really gone wrong and I haven't had any accidents...or surgeries for that matter! I still get little spurts/shock in my head and tingling on my right arm and leg/foot. I'm trying to keep my stress levels down, but who am I kidding. High stress is my norm.....unfortunately. 

We did have a health/wellness clinic at work today. They do all the typical things.....take vitals, measure height/weight and stick your finger to do simplistic blood work. As usual my total cholesterol is awesome (156 mg/dL). I have a lot of the good cholesterol (HDL: 77) and below normal of the bad (LDL). My blood pressure is perfect and my BMI is totally normal. The nurse says to me "You're the poster child of perfect health"....hmm, isn't that ironic?!? On paper my health is "perfect", yet they can't tell my hair is still growing back after my 5th head surgery. They can't see the large scar on my knee from the melanoma I had removed back in 2010 or the scar on my neck from my lymph node that was removed in 2001. 

Of course I didn't mention any of those things to the nurse. I just embraced the fact that to her I had "perfect health".  

No comments:

Post a Comment